Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Georgia on my mind

This past weekend included many firsts for this little guy. We were all going down to Georgia because dad's friend Chris had finally given in and was getting married. It was quite an adventure, so I've broken it down into separate parts to make it easier on you (me).

Day 1
Being four months old and flying on an airplane takes a little more planning than one would think. Flying, in general, has become more of a hassle than normal, so when you add me and my stroller and mommy's milk pump and my cooler of chest milk and medicine....then buckle up.

We got to the airport around 5 AM (thanks grandpa MI) and checked the bags at the curb. That still left us with my diaper bag, the pump, the cooler and dad's backpack. So we got to security and mom and dad proceeded to pass me back and forth as they took their shoes off, opened bags and folded the stroller down. Now I know what a hot potato feels like.

After security, we had a short walk to the gate and I needed a diaper change. The bathroom was down a ways and the plane was beginning to board, so mom and dad threw down a pad and changed me on the floor. I felt a little embarrassed by the situation, but what could I do.

We boarded the plane and were on the first row thanks to a last minute upgrade. Free snacks and drinks, how can you pass that up...? But it was the extra leg room and quick access we were looking for. Since it was so early, I decided to take a little siesta in mom's arms. Nice.

I guess the main concern for babies when they fly is their ears
popping on take off and landing, so they recommend feeding during that time. Mom was ready to bust out if needed, but I slept straight through take off and about a third of the flight.


I did wake up enough to watch the clouds go by.

Landing was a breeze and I was happy to be in Georgia. Grandpa GA met us at baggage claim and I smiled accordingly. We got packed up and were off....to Chick-fil-a. Dad talks so much about it so we had to stop for a second breakfast. As always, I could only smell what could not be mine....and then it was back to sleep.


Wal-Mart
Sam Walton is a very rich man, and now his family is too. Years ago Mr. Walton opened a store in Arkansas that sold everything you needed for anything. He also cleverly included his name with the store's....just in case you didn't get that (some people who work there don't). It has now become a Super Wal-Mart with groceries and more useless crap than ever. Dad's not a real fan of the place because they're pure chaos....from parking, to navigating the store to dealing with the people who work there. Pure chaos.

Once we had gotten to grandma and grandpa Georgia's house, they decided to babify the place but needed a trip to the superstore for supplies. Luckily it was early afternoon and only a third of the town was there.

We didn't need much, just some bath time stuff and some kind of saucer to
keep me occupied. I picked out the one with farm animals because that's the way I roll.

We hung out that afternoon and got ready to go to the rehearsal for the wedding. I made an appearance since it was the first time I had met most of dad's friends from home. Of course I was totally adorable and they were all extremely impressed. After that, mom and dad took me home and let grandma and grandpa Georgia put me to sleep....eventually.

No comments: