Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Well I can cross off another celebration first with Easter Sunday yesterday. I awoke to a small bag filled with large, colored eggs that I could not break. They were filled with something that made rattling noises when I shook them. I kept shaking them but nothing came out. And then dad took one, opened it up, ate some smaller colored egg shaped bits and put the egg back together. WTF? I only get to shake 'em while they get to eat 'em? No fair.

That didn't stop me from trying to crack them open. Mostly by dropping them on each other.

So it's a known fact that the reason we celebrate Easter is because it's the day Christ was resurrected after his crucifixion. Even Wikipedia agrees. The underlying reason that moms and dads get excited for Easter is because it's justification for dressing their sons or daughters up in bright, pastel colored outfits. I did not escape this situation, however, but at least it wasn't pink.

Collar had to be "popped".

Which way to the country club?

We went over to grandma and grandpa Michigan's house for an early dinner and to show me off. It was one of the first times that my shirt didn't snap together below my crotch, so that was an experience. I had to keep pulling my shirt down so my little belly wasn't hanging out everywhere.

Nana gave me a duck that sang and did the chicken dance. I was mesmerized.



I think everyone knew the words by heart by the time we left.

No comments: