Saturday, January 3, 2009

Garrett meets the Garretts

The last objective on my trip to Georgia was to travel to Cedartown to see grandma GA's side of the family. I'd met my great-grandmother C-Town (aka Mamay) and dad's uncle Ben and aunt Nette on a previous trip to Michigan (and you'd know that if you have been following along...). Today I would be meeting Ben's wife Keeley and their three daughters. Also making a special appearance was Bobby and Pershing Garrett. My great-grandfather was Pershing's brother, so he was very excited to come over and meet the little guy with his family name. Bobby was ex-Secret Service so I had to be on my best behavior.

The family always gathers in the kitchen at Mamay's house because there's always great food there. I'll see about that one day.

Since I'm taking a nap, everyone discussed who would hold me next.

Mamay still had the high chair that she used when she was a baby, and all babies have used it since. I was unsure about the construction but it held up.

My 2nd cousin Brooke and her husband Chris could be next on the baby making train. I think I might have sped up the process.

Here's me with all of my 2nd cousins; Samantha, Callie and Brooke. We're all Garretts in one way of another. Go Dawgs.

No comments: