Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 5....pump it up (out)

Technically this day began in the wee hours of Thursday morning. Mommy spent a few hours with me a little after midnight, feeding and cuddling with me. She really loves to hold me. You can't blame her, really. Around 3:30, she passed the baton off to dad so she could get some sleep. I was hungry and ready to eat, so I was wondering how this was going to work because dad doesn't have any milk dispensers on his chest. Then he came at me with a little hand-held version of mommy's boob. It didn't look quite the same but it tasted the same. I was confused for about a second and natural instinct took over. I sucked until I passed out.

After I woke up a couple hours later and was on mom's right boob, I started wondering how this could be possible. Later that morning I got my answer.



The pump. It's not the Reebok one that came in basketball shoes of the 1990's, it was much different. It was in a little backpack and had tubes coming out of it that connected to suction cups and storage containers. Mommy told me that she pumped to allow dad to feed me and because I get lazy and only feed off one of her boobs at a time. So she had to balance them out. I had no idea it was this complicated.


I guess all my sucking has been taking a toll on mommy too. She had dad buy frozen peas to put on her boobs because they get sore. Although my imagination at this point is limited, that's a pretty funny picture in my head. Why don't they just make boobie shaped ice packs?


Mental note...entrepreneurial ideas: boobie shaped ice pack. Sweet.

No comments: