Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first training session

Here at the Meeks household there is one main rule. You must play soccer. Mom and dad have both played since they were young, and continue to do so today. So it's pretty much assumed that I will be following in their footsteps...literally.

Yeah, I just turned three weeks old yesterday, but I thought I would get an early start on things so mom and dad helped me through a training session. I started off with some easy weights and leg presses.


Look at that technique...

After a short cool down, we moved on to some ball skills. Mommy seems to be the offensive guru in the house, while daddy is the defensive enforcer, so I should end up being a very well balanced player. Either way, you need to be good with the ball at your feet.

Here I am working with the outside of my foot. Eat it Ronaldo.

Trapping...


Here's some left footed action. It's hard to say which hand/foot I am, but it doesn't hurt to work on both. Mom and dad gave me some positive feedback and then I hit the showers (sponge bath on the kitchen counter...).
Nike, adidas, I'll be waiting on your call.

3 comments:

Meghin Gani said...

Keep up the good work little one - the Livonia Thundercats are waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

better go ahead and get him working on ankle strength just incase he inherited your problem bill....

luv kovach

Garrett Matthew Meeks said...

dad's ankles are fine...how's that back?